Friday, June 10, 2011

I am not built for heat...

HEY HEY HEY!  It's FRIDAY!!!  This seems to have been an incredibly long week...is it just me?  I hope for your sake it is just me, but somehow, I feel like some of you had a long week too-and for that I am sorry-BUT-as I said before it's FRIDAY-so you know what that means-FIVE QUESTION FRIDAY!!!




1. How close to your childhood dreams is your life now?

I find this to be a tricky question.  When I was a little girl, I always imagined I would grow up to be a princess, marry prince charming, live in a big house, have a beautiful family and live happily ever after-which I am pretty sure is every little girl's dream...Now, I feel like I am pretty close to that dream, I mean, am I a real princess-no-but I grew up, married my Prince Charming, who seems to go out of his way to treat me like a princess everyday, we have a beautiful family-which includes one daughter who has such an amazing personality and is quite possibly the most beautiful toddler in the world, and 2 dogs, and though we don't live in a "big" house, we are fortunate enough to be in the position to own our own home, so based on that, i would say I am pretty darn close to living my childhood dream....

Now, did I dream to have to work full time, and worry about Hubs every time he goes to work, and have to pay bills?  Heck no-who does that?  I would love to not have to work and just spend all of my time with Hannah and Hubs, but in reality, I have to work to make sure We all have the opportunities we want, and I have to say, i have a great life.
2. What is one must have item for the summer?
An Air Conditioner...seriously-people here in South Carolina, it is already in the upper 90's and it isn't even really "Summer" yet...and it is only going to get worse.  Sometimes, it gets so hot and humid, that you literally start sweating just walking across the street to get the mail-and it is G-R-O-S-S.  I wouldn't be able to make the morning or evening commutes in traffic without the a/c in my car...and I can't sleep when I am too hot, so no a/c in the house is not an option (plus....Hubs is a pretty hairy guy (don't tell him I said that...his feelings would probably be hurt...but it isn't anything I wouldn't say to his face-because I do-all of the time) and I am pretty sure he would spontaneously combust if we didn't have a/c. (I am sure you all are putting things like perfect tan, or sunglasses, great swim suit etc...not me though, I am not built for heat so give me an AC!)
3. Do you have your kids stay up on school stuff during summer vacation? (Or, if you don't have kiddos, did your parents make you keep up on school stuff during summer?)
Hannah doesn't really have stuff to keep up on because she is only 2...BUT, her preschool teacher did tell us what they were going to focus on next year so we are spending more time trying to show Hans how to write her letters-she has the ABCs down pat, so now we just need to get her to the point where she can write the letters and numbers and then she will be ahead of the game.  When I was younger, my parents did not make me keep up with school work over the summer, but I was always a pretty good student, so I really didn't need to (I didn't say that to toot my own horn-but just to say why they didn't make me keep up with work over the summer.)

4. Do you can or freeze fresh produce?
Um...I eat it?  When we buy fresh produce, we only buy enough that we can eat before it goes bad...if we wanted frozen produce, we would just procure it from our grocer's freezer, and if I wanted canned produce, I would get it from my grocer's stock pile...am I the only one who does that?

5. Do you get ready for the day first thing in the morning?
Well, do I have somewhere to go first thing in the morning?  If I don't, then no, if I do then yes...Hubs used to get ready for his day first thing in the morning all of the time, but that all stopped when Hannah was born, because she wakes up quite early and no one wants to get ready for their day at 5 am on a Saturday ...well, no one at house anyway :)

I can't wait for the weekend to start!  What do you have planned for the weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment