Friday, June 24, 2011

Giving 2 Thumbs Up For OPI's Back Shatter

Friday has finally made its appearance!  This has been one crazy week for everything-the weather was record breaking with temperatures over the 100's (before the official start of summer I might add), work is pulling me in all different directions, and as a result, I feel like I haven't seen my family in days...which is never good.  I am looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend, like you don' even know!  Tomorrow Hubs and my dad are supposed to be installing our new toilets...that we purchased over a year ago...don't even get me started...

Side note, I watched the Season Premier of Burn Notice last night-do any of you watch that show?  It is pretty much awesome.  After that, I decided to repaint my nails to give the silver shatter another chance-but this time I tried it over a red-An Affair in Red Square-to be exact-but I only put it on one thumb (I have learned my lesson with trying to go too big and doing all of them-less nail polish remover involved...) and on the other thumb, I did the same red but with black shatter over it...verdict?  Silver shatter is still weirdly thick-I am not sure if it is just the bottle I have or if it is that way with all silver shatters, but I am giving up on it, because the black shatter looked EXACTLY how I thought it would-which is what I wanted...so then I took the silver and red combo off of the other thumb and did the purple I had before (A Grape Fit) and then when it dried put the black shatter over it to see which color combo I liked better...and last night I decided I liked the red and black combo better....but I didn't take the purple off the other thumb, only because I have been talking up this black shatter to everyone and I wanted to show them what it looks like over a brighter color and over a more pastel color too...so I have 9 red and black nails and 1 purple and black nail...and the more I look at the purple, the more I wish it was the other way around, but I love them both so I am not sad.  Bottom line-if you are interested in getting the OPI shatter-I would stick with the original-Black- and wait a little while before branching out with the silver...This girl gives black shatter 2 (different colored) thumbs up!

Meanwhile, I was able to overcome my old lady status most nights this week and went to sleep well after 11 (EGADS-if you know me you know that is quite a stretch...but for some reason I cannot convince my body that I need to go to sleep any sooner...).  Because I was up so late (don't judge me for calling that late, Hannah wakes up around 5 and I still have to work the next day) I was also able to watch Rookie Blue-a newer series on ABC that comes on at 10-it was AWESOME-have any of you watched this show before?  I think they showed a few episodes while Grey's was still airing (new episodes) to get some exposure, and I saw one of those episodes, and if you have seen it, can anyone tell me if it is just more, or does McNally get shot (or almost shot) in every show-or is it just a coincidence that she was almost shot in the first one I watched and then last nights-and it looks like it is going to (almost) happen again next week?  Maybe it is just me and I haven't seen enough episodes to really know that that is the case...

Moving right along-Because it is FRIDAY-it is time for FIVE QUESTION FRIDAY!!!  FQF is hosted by Mama M so make sure you stop by to say hey!

1. What is your current favorite TV show?
Man!  You know I hate to pick a favorite...and especially when I just talked about 2 new shows I am really into right now! (I didn't even know this was a question when i started typing this blog...I am just good like that!) I also love stupid shows like the Challenge: Rivals (well with the exception of Leroy and Mike-because they are more of a bromance than rivals...but stupid Adam showed his Rea rend again and made a fool out of himself YET AGAIN and got kicked off of yet ANOTHER reality series...what a Mo-Mo.) and Keeping up with the Kardashians...and Jerseylicious (new found love as of Sunday) and the list goes on...I can't do it guys, I just can't pick my favorite...I know I am lame...

2. What's the worst haircut you ever got?
Worst?  That is a tough one...when I was younger, I had a friend named Asilynn, and she had a really cute hair cut and I had your standard hair cut-straight and shoulder length-so I really wanted her hair...so I asked her what her cut was called so I could get it too.  She told me it was a Pixie cut...so at my next appointment (read that as our neighbor who cut hair on the side...in her driveway) I told her I wanted a Pixie cut...and she asked me at least 4 times if I was sure...each time I said yes, I am sure...but apparently her version and my friend's versions were 2 TOTALLY different versions...and I left there crying because I looked like a boy-it was terrible...There is also the one when I was going to be a sophomore (or was it junior year? ugh so long ago now so it is hard to remember) in college, and I needed a hair cut before I left for school-so I scheduled it for the day BEFORE I was leaving-so it would be fresh and I wouldn't have to come home too soon to get my hair cut again-and I brought a picture of the hair cut that I wanted with me to the stylist-who I had never sat with before...and you know, sometimes when you bring pictures to a stylist of what you want your hair to look like, it turns out different because of your hair texture, thickness, the shape of your face and the number of chins you have-and so on (come on you know if you bring a picture of Carrie Underwood with you and you have spiral curly hair you are NOT going to leave looking like Carrie Underwood-and your hair dresser should warn you of this-or if you have super thick hair with any sort of wave to it, you should probably steer clear of cutting it chin length or shorter-I have seen very FEW people be able to pull this look off) but this time was different-this time, the picture I brought was of yours truly-me-from 2 years before that-because I love love loved that hair cut (Shout out to Spring at Hair 2 Spare in Chesapeake, VA-don't know if she is still there, but if she is, she really knows her stuff and I was devastated when I had to move away from her and put my hair in someone else's hands...and clippers...) so I wanted to recreate that look again...so there should have been no problem replicating the look right?  Wrong.  This lady-don't even know her name nor do I care to attempt to recall her name...told me that just because I brought a picture doesn't mean I would look like that girl...and she kept saying it throughout the cut...so I should have taken that as a warning-but I didn't.  That lady cut my hair SO short-I mean it wasn't a crew cut or anything, but I couldn't even tuck the front part behind my ears...it was BAD-real bad...so I wore a hat or visor frequently to cover that mistake up...I am not sure which was worse the first one because I was younger and elementary and middle school kids are ruthless-ugh do not ever cut your hair short in SC and then move to RI pretty close after that-those RI kids were NOT nice to me when I first moved there...I cried a lot when I first moved there...I digress-but the second one happened while I was older and I had more control over the situation and some college kids are mean too...toss up...I know-I am lame with the lack of decisions...
3. What is something you that you did as a child that you thought you were so cool for doing?
Well...I really didn't think I was cool as a child so there's that, um...well, I was in band, and I loved it and I had a lot of friends in the band so I am sure I thought that was cool, while other people did not...ugh I don't know, I seriously was a big dork so I am sure I thought all of the stuff I did was cool and really wasn't-ask my sister she was more popular than I was when we were kids...I think the roles reversed as we got older, but I really always wanted to play with her and her friends, but they wouldn't let me...jerk faces...When I was in middle school, I used to wear my dad's long sleeved rugby shirts to school...they were enormous on me, but baggy was the style back then (BOY how the times have changed-wearing baggy clothes these days is almost forbidden!) so I thought I was cool for doing it, but when I look at pictures I looked pretty silly...

4. Do you have any GREAT frugal family fun tips?
Great?  um...well, sometimes we will make lunch (sandwiches chips juice etc) and pack it up and ride our bikes to the park and have a picnic so Hannah can play after we eat...not so sure that is great, but Hannah likes it and we like to have a happy Hannah...
5.. Would you drive across country if you had the money to fly?
Probably not...a) I hate driving-again, I am more of a passenger b) I hate being in a car for too long because my old lady arthritis starts to act up c) Hubs and I can NEVER agree on music d) the aforementioned C issues doesn't matter because Hannah makes us listen to her CD which is either Mickey Mouse Club house or another CD fully of awful awesome children's songs (seriously, I remember one day I was in the car with Hayley when she was about 3 or 4 and she literally started belting out "Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy" from her car seat, and I almost died and vowed that my children would not be exposed to that at such an early age-hey in a society where everyone is in a rush to grow up I want my baby to stay young and innocent as long as possible) e) when we aren't listening to Hannah's CD-we are listening to Finding Nemo-because for some reason she feels the need to watch that move EVERY time we go on a trip for longer than an hour f) Hannah tends to turn into the vomit monster if she gets hot in the car-so we never know when the monster will strike g)currently Hannah is potty training so we would have to stop frequently to make sure she didn't have any accidents...
So for all of those reason (and many more that I will spare you from having to read) I would choose to fly across country.
Come on and join in the FQF Fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment