Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Weekend Wednesday v.1

I am not sure why I always wait to blog about the Weekend Recap until later in the week...maybe it is because I miss the weekend more when it seems SO far away on Wednesday...or maybe it is because I am super busy at work...probably both...but none the less, this one is about Our very weekend...and how it did not end how it started...

So I did it-I took a day off-Did I just hear you gasp?  It's understandable.  I knew that if I didn't take a day off Friday then I would not be able to take one for quite a while...so I have to jump when I had the chance.  So Friday, Hubs, Hans and I made our way to Columbia to go to the Zoo for some Quality Family Time.  Hubs and I went to the Zoo on our first day-10 years ago (egads-that is a long time) so it has always been special for to us, and Hannah LOVES to see the animals so she is a big fan of the zoo as well.  We recently procured a family membership for the zoo that included a wristband so we didn't have to pay for any additional attractions Hannah might want to partake in...such as:
Riding the "Merry Go Round"

Feeding the Birds
Riding a Pony (named Bear...very confusing for a 2 year old)
Riding the Train (who looks more excited to you-Hans or Hubs?)
Or even feeding the giraffe (Chrissy likes to be fed-but does NOT like to be touched...when we got closer, Hannah said "I don't no want to touch it...so we went to see the elephants)
We had a lot of fun at the Zoo
When we left the zoo we went to eat at the Salty Nut...one of our favorite places in Columbia and this was Hans' first trip there...she really like throwing the peanuts on the floor...and me...and in my drink...

Saturday I woke up early and went to the gym for my usual Saturday Morning Spin class...Man!  That class is no joke, though I really did feel like I was going to fall over while we were stretching at the end-so I had to sit down for a minute in the locker room...when I got up to check my phone I saw I had a text from Hubs asking if I was on the way yet...usually I don't get that type of text unless a) I am late (which is VERY unusual) b) Hans is a crankapotamous or c) something is wrong...so I texted back saying that I was walking out...when he responded he said that he thought he needed to go to the hospital...WHAT?!  I called ASAP.  Hubs told me he felt awful stomach pain and then threw up blood...I called my mom and asked her to please come get Hans and I hurried home to pick up Hubs.  (I am sure I did not smell very good, and I was certainly very sweaty...lucky for me (and everyone around me) I bring a body splash to the gym and carry a full size deodorant in my purse...Hey-you never know when you are going to need some people-so I reapplied and spritzed up on the way home.)  We arrived at the hospital at 10:30am...
He would kill me if he knew I took his picture...and posted it...
After MANY hours (seriously we didn't leave until 5.  We were there for so long that Hubs' nurse, Jeffrey, came in around 4 and said "Oh-you guys are still here?  I left for a while and went to see my son's baseball game."  It was at that moment that I no longer cared that I smelled bad and came in all sweaty) and many tests (including 2 ultrasounds (SIDE BAR STORY- So the ultrasound tech wheels Hubs to the her ultrasound room-and on the way proceeds to tell me that the room is rather small and she is quite claustrophobic so she asks that I don't stand over her shoulder while performing the ultrasound...No problem here-as I HATE when people stand over my shoulder-so we go to the room, and sure enough-it is pretty small...so as she is performing the ultrasound-she says "I am having a really difficult time seeing your pancreas through this big ball of gas..."(now, if you know Hubs you KNOW he is always...releasing gas (to put it nicely) so the tech proceeds to begin pushing on said ball of gas-to "push it down"-may I remind you that we were in a VERY small room-so that very small room started smelling a little less welcoming...and now (days later) any time he releasing  some gas, he will look at me and say "She pushed on my stomach so the ball of gas would move down..."oh dear) and 1 CT scan) the Doctor advised us that Hubs is full of stones...in the kidney...and has some sludge in his gall bladder (um...I always just thought he was full of poo...now I know that he is full of poo & sludge? It is going to get very deep at home...) and his condition could turn into appendicitis...but he was okay for now...
If you look closely at that picture his heart rate says Fail...never a good sign...
And today poor Hubs passed one of those dreaded stones...poor guy...
Sunday was full of yard work, but I did get to take Hans on a bike ride-which she also LOVES.  Sadly I think poor Hans has seasonal allergies and she became quite sniffly as the evening went on...

So anyway-the weekend most definitely did not end how it started, but luckily Hubs is "okay" and we had a great Family day on Friday :) 
I am thinking of doing Weekend Wednesdays...seems like a good day to recap...we will see if I stick to it though...
Hope you guys had a great weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment