Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I'm A Pencil Snob

Welcome to Wee Bit of Me Wednesdays, hosted by Leigh






{one} what color is your kitchen?

Light blue...but we are putting new tile in the kitchen (read that as we are putting tile in the kitchen because the dogs have destroyed the current flooring in there) and then we are getting new counter tops, so depending on what color we choose for the tile/counters, we are probably going to be repainting the kitchen...I am thinking I like the black and white look (the cabinets are white) so we will see how it all plays out
{two} do you have a good luck charm?
Wait-does Hannah count?  No?  It's because she is not an actual charm isn't it?  Then no, Mr. Picky Pants, I do not have a good luck charm...


{three} do you prefer to write with a pen or pencil?
It really depends on the situation...I do love a nice flowing blue pen (the Bic Pilot is nice-and we have them at work so they are at my disposal when needed).  I do love using a pencil though.  I like mechanical ones, specifically, my papermate, clear point .5 mm mechanical pencil OR my BIC Velocity  .7 pencil...as far as non mechanical pencils go-I really don't like the "rubber ones"  I know you know what I am talking about, the ones that you would hold horizontally in the air and move them up and down rapidly to see them moving like rubber in the air?  I don't like the way those write, I really prefer the wooden ones...I am a pencil snob...
Probably my favorite mechanical pencil...
four} can you use chopsticks?
Why yes I can, I am pretty good at it too!  I like to use them when I eat sushi...or Japanese food...I also like to use them like drum sticks and bang them on the table...

{five} do you prefer baths or showers?
Normally a shower-they are quicker and if the water gets cold you have been in there for entirely too long (at least in my house anyway).  However, if I am super stressed, there is nothing like a nice long bubble bath in a garden tub-with a glass of wine...ahhh...HOWEVER-the water for a bath gets cold before I want to get out of it...making the long part of the bubble bath unsuccessful...I want a bubble bath...and some wine...or just some wine...
Oh to be here right now...
{six} what is your favorite salad dressing?
I don't so much think it is a favorite, but more of the go-to dressing.  I generally choose a balsamic vinaigrette, because early in the weight loss stages I learned that these are better for you than the creamy based ones (i.e ranch)  which, you would assume that most people would know, because come on people, if it tastes good it can't be bad for you right?

{seven} can you sing the alphabet backwards?

HA!  No, Hubs can, but I believe it is due to the fact that he is a police officer and I think it is a sobriety check...and the first time he tried to do it to me, after I had been drinking, my response was-Um Hello?  I cannot do that when I am sober!  Enter gotcha face here...Disclaimer*  I was not driving, nor did I have the intention of driving when this occurred, I fully support the responsible drinking of adult beverages-Arrange for a DD or Call a CAB!  Seriously, it isn't just your life you are putting in danger, it could be mine (or my Child's) too!  And I will be stepping down off of my soap box now...thank you

{eight} do you have any allergies?

Resveratrol... which is found in the skin of red grapes...makes me blow up like a beach ball-but I recently found out that the amount of Resveratrol is not high enough in red wine to have an effect on me...so I am trying out all kinds of red wines...and I have NOT found one I like-so if you have any suggestions PLEASE feel free to send them my way :)
{nine} crunchy or creamy peanut butter?
We buy creamy-but I don't necessarily prefer it...it is easier to spread on the bread...but I like a good crunch in my sandwich from time to time...

{ten} have you ever hitch hiked?
EGADS!  No!  I am too much of a worrier to do that!  Oh my!  That coupled with all of the scary movies about the awful things that happen to people who do-count me out!


3 comments:

  1. Lol, I can't recite the alphabet backwards either. Or recite the states, capitols, or presidents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I love pencils and pens. I'm pretty picky about them as well. I always snag new ones Hubs brings home from conferences. Giving me his swag is the least he can do after a whole week of watching Little Bit on my own ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this!! I found you after you commented on my blog ;) I feel like I know you now! Can't wait to hear more from you (and your daughter is adorable)!

    ReplyDelete