Friday, February 18, 2011

I Am NOT A City Girl!

TGIF!
The weather has been beautiful out all week so I am pretty sure I have a case of Spring Fever...which is weird, because generally, I prefer the cooler weather...I wish my work would just do itself so I can go out and play today...







1. Have you worn the same outfit more than one day in a row?

Yeah...don't judge...it is generally when I am not feeling well and I am in comfy lounge pants and some type of hoodie or soft long sleeved shirt...if I am not leaving the house and I don't feel good, then I really don't care...and you shouldn't either, it isn't like you can see it (that's me rationalizing my decision...*sigh*)


2. If you had to choose any LARGE city to live in, which would it be?

Ew...if you know me at all, you know I am NOT a city girl...I do not like public transportation...and I am quite leery of strangers...and I am navigationally challenged-I get lost quite easily...so I am cringing right now thinking of moving to a Large city...blech...but...um...Can I just have a vacation home in LA? I have never been there, and judging from the awesome reality shows I watch religiously, the traffic is HORRIBLE, but I would like to visit there...maybe annually...or a vacation home in Vegas-I hear there is always something going on in Vegas...then I would like to go back to my suburban life.

3. Fly or drive with the kids on vacation?

Hannah has only been on a trip that required flying once-and she was about 9 months old, so it was fairly easy. She hates being in her car seat for too long but I think as long as we have Shark Tale, Reef, or Nemo on the DVD player she is a happier camper…so I say if the trip is over 6 hours fly but if it is under, we are going to be sucking it up and driving…

4. What is your idea of "spring cleaning"?

A good Spring cleaning is when we first go through all of our clothes and get rid of what we don’t wear/doesn’t fit/no longer want. Then we pack it up and donate it to the Goodwill (we do this every year). When I was in high school, I LOVED spring Cleaning time, because it meant that my friend Alana was doing this at her house, and I got to be the recipient of all of her old stuff…we weren’t very wealthy growing up with 3 kids all close in age and my dad was in the military so we really did get the new, “in-style” clothes too often, but as my mom would say “at least we were never naked” so there’s that…anyhow, When Alana’s mom would force her to clean out the closet, I got to go over and try on all of the cast offs .

Back to Spring Cleaning. Then Jason and I go through every other room in the house doing the same thing-getting rid of stuff we don’t want/use around the house-then that goes to Goodwill as well. Then the cleaning part commences-vacuuming, dusting, wiping down the walls, cabinets, door frames, light switch plates, etc, dishes, cleaning of kitchen appliances, scrubbing of the bathtub (with toothbrush, as we have tiles in our shower-which I hate), laundry, fresh sheets on everyone’s beds…dusting the ceiling fans…organizing the garage…this is quite a long process and we generally send Hannah to her Granci’s house when we decide what weekend we are going to get on the Spring Cleaning wagon. Now that Hannah is older, we also go through her toys to make sure we only keep out age appropriate toys and then of those toys, the ones she actually plays with…then those get donated as well…

5. What is the best book you have ever read?

Ever? Boy, that is tough…I really like Jane Green books-Jemima J, To Have and to Hold, the Other Woman…I haven’t found a book of hers I did not enjoy-they aren’t too serious and it is like a nice vacation for my mind…I also like the Alex Cross Series by James Patterson…I love a good mystery-you know, when you are so into the book that you don’t want to put it down and you realize you have been reading it far past your bedtime? Both Jane Green and James Patterson do that to me…

Link up with Mama M to join in on the FQF!  Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment