Friday, May 27, 2011

Having A Good Music Day!

So, this morning, Hubs and I had the pleasure of attending our very first Parent-Teacher conference for Hannah.  Of course we were excited to hear other people tell us how awesome Hannah is and just confirm our thoughts about her...and just as we expected-Mrs. Rhonda did just that.  Hannah was sitting right next to me during the conference and as Mrs. Rhonda told us that Hannah was able to correctly identify all of her shapes and colors, she grabbed the paper out of my hand and started doing just that!  of course we all laughed...but seriously people-she is a genius...At the end, Hans looked up and said "Mrs. Rhonda!  I'm going to see the fishes, turtles, otters and sharks-not with mommy, she has to work, just daddy."  I wish I could have gone to the aquarium too though, she loves going to see the otters-they are her favorite-she can watch them swim around for a long time.  Anyhow, I had every intention of posting pictures today for you all to enjoy, but Hubs forgot to bring me the cord for the camera when we met at Hans' school-so you can feel free to forward all complaints to Hubs....

It's finally Friday!  And let's hear it for a long weekend!  I am looking forward to going to pick strawberries with the family tomorrow...if it doesn't rain, currently, it looks like it is going to storm tonight (which makes for a muddy strawberry patch) and it is supposed to rain tomorrow morning too...sigh...

I am having a good music day-do you know what I mean?  When you turn on the radio and you literally love every song that you hear?  I am listening to my Pandora right now, and I don't want any of the songs to end-but at the same time I want to hear what's next!  I love a good music day!

Moving right along to 5 Question Friday!




1. Do you apologize to your kids?

Yes I do apologize to My Hannah.  If I have done something that merits an apology-like bumped in to her or something like that, or if I said we would do something and for some reason it didn't end up happening and she asks about it, I most certainly apologize for that.  I want her to learn that she should apologize when it is appropriate for things she does (or doesn't do)...Like when she steps on Kali's tail or paw...and hits River with her blow up hammer...on purpose...

2. What color are your nails right now?
Nude...as in bare-I don't paint my nails.  I am a nail biter (I will pause for you to think to your self 'Ew, how gross-what is she 5?")  I have always been a nail biter-for as long as I can remember (or have had teeth).  I don't know why.  I go through spells where I can grow out my nails, but they are so thin and brittle from the life long biting that they end up breaking...and when one breaks, that starts up the biting train again...(Yes, I am fully aware that this question is NOT-Do you bite your nails, but I am getting to the point, thank you) So I try not to paint them, because I don't want to chew on the polish...Sometimes, I will paint them some natural or clear color-in an attempt to try not to bite them or I will peel the polish off in stead of biting the nail itself, but peeling or chipping the polish isn't really good for your nails either...oh and I also try not to paint them because I don't want to draw any attention to my awful looking nail beds and cuticles...which always look horrible.  If i know that I am going to have my hands in a picture, I try to cover the ends of my fingers so you can't see them...I am very self conscious of my cuticles/finger nails...

3. When you were growing up, how difficult was it for you to stay home from school sick? (As in, did you have to vomit or just say "I don't feel good".)
Wow...I am pretty sure I had to be dying to stay home from school.  My mom did NOT mess around with missing school!  If I didn't have a fever, there was no reason to stay home!  She would even send people over to the house to check on me (when I was old enough to stay home alone) to make sure I was really just laying on the couch (or bed) resting...man-kids these days have it great-they can play around on the Internet when they stay home from school...(wow...I sound like an old lady starting out a story about how I had to walk to school without shoes on in the snow-uphill-both ways) but seriously-with all of the DVR and Netflix, and Internet staying home sounds like a lot more fun than it did when I was in school!

4. When is the last time you bought a new comforter for your bed?
Hubs and I bought a new comforter about 6 months ago.  It is white and has a black design on it and has a yellow trim.  I really like it-so you would think I would make the bed more so I can see it, but generally when I get out of bed there is still someone in it...and that someone (no names here) doesn't make the bed...ever...

5. Favorite website(s)?
I have a lot of favorite websites...I love to read different blogs, I like to visit deal a day sites like Zulily.com and totsy.com, or kidsteals.com and babysteals.com...

Speaking of deal a day websites, I need to get on the ball and check out the deals for today!  I hope you join in FQF too!

No comments:

Post a Comment