Friday, April 15, 2011

Ode to the Cheesecake Incident

I have had a pretty nasty cold/sinus infection since Saturday so thankfully today is Friday and I can get some rest this weekend...Wait?  What?  Thanks for the reminder, you are right, I will be spending the weekend with Hannah and Hubs, so sadly, there will be no rest for me...but we do have some exciting Pre-Easter activities...we are going to try to go to an Easter Egg hunt at Hans' school and a brunch downtown (EGADS, yes, downtown, but don't you worry!  Hubs will be driving so I am pretty sure we won't get lost!) to send my CareBear away to DC...I am pretty sad that she is leaving me, but I am very excited for her new opportunity in DC...sigh...Let's get started with Five Question Friday!



1. What is your favorite sign of spring?
Flowers and Plants blooming!  I love when the flowers start to bloom, however, I wish they would keep their nasty old pollen to themselves, because the allergy season here pretty much lasts year round!  I love how the flowers really liven up my drive into work, the leaves on the trees are back, and the drive is just pretty :)

2. What was your best birthday ever?
EVER?  My 26th birthday...That was the first birthday I spent with my Hannah-she was 2 weeks old and I loved that I got to spend the entire day with her and Hubs doing anything we wanted (you know, like sleep...)
This is how we spent My birthday and it was AMAZING!
3. What is your favorite dessert?
CHEESECAKE!  You may not know this about me but I was born on July 30...which just so happens to be National Cheesecake Day!  No lie-look it up, so it is no wonder that I am obsessed with Cheesecake... Story time kiddies!  We had a meeting at work one day and I had ordered a cheese cake platter for it...I could NOT wait for dessert because I knew what was coming...well, dessert time rolled around, and I was walking to the elevator with Dolly (co-worker) and the UNTHINKABLE HAPPENED!  I tripped and the cheesecake was ruined!  (I was wearing brown trouser pants that were cuffed, and some pointy brown shoes and the shoe got caught in the cuff and it was all down hill from there!)  The sad part was that I didn't try to save myself from landing too hard on the floor because I was too worried about the cheesecake!  it was awful, and I am still reminded of the "Cheesecake Incident" to the day (4 years later)...
I LOVE a raspberry swirl Cheesecake!
4. What is the best excuse you've ever used to get out of a ticket?
I have NEVER gotten out of a ticket...seriously people...one time a police officer was IN FRONT of me, slowed down, got behind me and then turned his lights on and gave me a ticket...jerk

5. Do you wake up before your alarm, with your alarm, or after hitting snooze several times?
If Hannah is still sleeping, I hit that snooze button at least 3 times...but if she is awake, there is no point so I just get up...

Join in the FQF fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment