Friday, July 29, 2011

Cars Have Filters-Children don't

This might end up being a short post but now that she is 3, Ms. Hannah has a LOT to say...and sadly, similar to her father, she has no filter when making any sort of comment-much like any other 3 year old, Hannah always verbalizes what ever is on her mind...and while I know she does not say anything to intentionally hurt any one's feelings, I know I would cry if anyone else said any of the things to me that  Hannah does...Please see below for examples:

Hannah and I were laying down watching a movie and Hubs came into the room and started tickling Hannah, so Hannah decided it would be a good idea to tickle me (for the record, it is never a good idea to tickle me, in case you ever consider it...even for a minute...)...Hannah also believes that in order to tickle one's belly, you must have direct skin contact, (she also believes this if she tries to scratch your back-she will not do it unless she can literally scratch the skin on your back...and that girl can have some sharp eagle like talons for finger nails-no matter how frequently I cut them (side bar-Hannah is 3 and Hubs STILL refuses to cut her fingernails...does anyone else have a baby daddy who won't cut finger (or toe) nails or is it just me?) you have been warned...) so she lifts up my shirt to expose my belly (which I am sure she needs therapy after seeing it...poor kid) and commences with the tickling...when she stops, she lifts up her shirt to look at her belly-looks back at mine and says "Whoa, that's a big belly."  Now, Did she say that to hurt my feelings?  No, she was just being honest while comparing her belly to mine...now, had an adult said that to me, I might consider punching them in the neck or maybe a swift kick in the teeth, and then I would hide while I cried my eyeballs out...

Example No. 2.  Hubs, Hannah and I made a quick trip to the Red Store (you know, Target).  Hannah decided that she needed me to carry her (She lets me know this by walking quickly to get in front of me and then turns to face me and abruptly stops-causing me to almost to trip over her and break my hip, and then she says "I need to carry you" which translates to will you carry me...I always say, I would LOVE for you to carry me...but she never carries me and i always carry her...).  I pick her up, place her on my right hip (I knew these hips would come in handy one day!) and we were off.  While carrying Hannah, she grabs my pony tail and starts flipping it around and tells me she likes my hair tie (which, for the record, is dark brown, and very close to my hair color so there isn't much to like about it...) so I thank her and we proceed down the aisle.  Hannah looks at Hubs and says "Daddy has brown hair."  Simple enough...so I say "That's right, what color hair does Mommy have?"  Innocent question...Hannah leans in and looks closely and says "Mommy has white hair."  WHAT?!   Insert broken heart here...I know I have greys people, but because I want to do the locks of love donation I opted to not color my hair at my last visit to see Margaret...but my whole head is not grey...or silver...or white!  I told her that we couldn't be friends anymore...again, she didn't intentionally try to hurt my feelings, I am just sensitive...and if an adult had said that to me again, punch in the neck or kick in the teeth and crying would begin...

Example No. 3: I put on one of the many hats Hubs had in his car...I swear he runs a bootleg hat store from his vehicle...and I, again, had a pony tail in my hair (this is a staple for me people-I wear a pony tail (or some variation of a pony tail) approximately 90% of the time, so if you see my hair down, it IS a momentous occasion and you should not only make a mental note of it, you should outwardly celebrate it..(.I accept flowers, jewelry and monetary gifts of all sizes...high fives are accepted on a case by case basis) and I put the hat on my head over the pony tail.  I commented to Hubs how the hat was still pretty loose, but I think my ears are too high because no matter how big or small the hat is, my ears still stick out when I wear one.  and Hannah says "Oh Dear!  Oh Goodness!  Your head is big Mommy."  Sigh...

Hannah recently started telling me not to sing either...so i can't sing to he at night time OR in the car to a song I know...all I get is "No,. Mommy, don't sing.  We can start over now?"  So then I have to start the song over (if we are in the car) so she can listen to it from the beginning so I don't ruin it with my vocal styling...

Hannah will also randomly walk up to me sniff any body part she can (leg, arm, hand, cheek, foot, knee...whatever she is closest to, and will say "Phew!  Stinky!"  It doesn't matter if you are fresh out of the shower or ripe from a workout, no matter what you smell like you will be the recipient of the Stinky comment...



Yesterday was my niece's 12th birthday...I absolutely cannot believe Hayley is already 12.  It does not feel like it was 12 years ago when all of the shenanigans happened resulting in one great niece who would change the dynamic of our family forever...Her birthday party is Sunday and we are hoping to get her the perfect gift...but we aren't quite sure what that is yet...but I hope she had an amazing birthday because she is one amazing girl!  (Sidebar: About 5 years ago, I tried to convince her to agree to change her birthday to any other month so I was the only July birthday-I told her she could get more gifts if it was in December or could go ice skating if it was in February...and she never took me up on it, so we still share the same birthday month.)

Tomorrow is my birthday :)  I plan to start the day by sleeping in (and by this, I mean sleep in past 6 am, so if any of you are reading this, and happen to see Hannah today, please let her know that Mommy would like to sleep in one day of the year, and that day is tomorrow...thanks for your help and support).  When I wake up I have every intention of getting my work out on at the gym...we will see how this goes, as I am already tired today just thinking about working out this afternoon and tomorrow morning...For those of you who are wondering-I will be the Big 2-9.  I don't freak out about birthdays (or, at least I haven't yet) because i have come to find out that life only gets better the older you get...yes, it would be GREAT to go back to a life where I didn't have to pay bills or be responsible, but I would be missing out on a whole lot of stuff if I stayed that way forever-like my wonderful family-who I would not trade for the world!  So bring it on 29!  Hope you are even better than 28 has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment