Monday, August 15, 2011

Conquering the Roadblocks

A lovely young woman and I had the following dialogue last Wednesday:

Me: Hey!  How are you?!  I love your shirt!” (I am not 100% sure if the last part was verbalized, but I really did love your shirt K)
Kayla: “Um, 2 things, you need to update your blog AND you never responded to my email…ever.”

Me: “Ouch…noted…To be honest I don’t have many things that are nice to say so it is better that I don’t update it…sorry?”
Followed by people staring at me…and my face turning reddish.  (I just discovered that Reddish is an actual word that is recognized with spell check…you might think that is sad, but I will tack an “ish” to the end of any word-regardless of if that addition makes the word an “unword” or an “Erinism” if you will…moving right along.)

So you might be wondering why don’t have many nice things to say…well it is due to some personal family issues that are in no way, shape, or form, appropriate for me to blog about, so unfortunately for you, you won’t be reading about them here (or maybe you should consider yourself fortunate that you don’t have to read about it, take it from me, it is probably better that you don’t know any of the details…) but I would like to ask a favor…should you have a brief moment, and you find yourself talking to the Big Man Upstairs (or Woman…or whatever/whomever else you might pray to) if you wouldn’t mind throwing in some requests for strength and patience, and the will power to overcome these insane roadblocks that keep rearing their ugly heads for our family, I would be truly grateful.  I generally try to keep religious feelings separate from this blog, as an attempt to make everyone feel welcome to stop by –this Blog Door is always open to anyone-but I really do believe in the power of prayer. 
Frequently in church, I feel like the Pastor is speaking directly to me…as if he knows exactly what is on my mind…well it is silly to believe he (the Pastor) knows, but I know He (Big Man Upstairs) knows what is weighing on my mind-and my heart-so I know He is sending that message via my Pastor...funny how those things work out no?  Well, yesterday was no different.  As mentioned above, the fam is going through some stressful times, not unlike any other family I am sure, but it just seems like there is no end in sight for the roadblocks that keep popping up-one after another after another.  Every time we feel like we have found a solution or can see the light at the end of the crazy train tunnel, another road block rears its ugly head and we are tossed right back to square one…Yesterday, the message was about the steps towards discovering your Destiny…and the last few steps speak to the fact that there will be difficulties, you will find yourself at a dead end and you will feel like you have no way out-or that you are at the end of your rope, and when you are truly at a dead end, you are in position for a Devine Intervention…He knows exactly where you are when you feel lost and alone or are at a Dead End…and He might not give you what you want when you want it, but He will give you what you need when you need it.  When you feel like you have hit the bottom, that is the perfect time and place to find your praying knees and look up and ask for help…because when you are truly at the bottom, there is nowhere else to go but up.

I really needed to hear that yesterday to get myself back into a positive frame of mind which has really been a struggle for me over the last 3 (or so) weeks.  So, now – I will try to make some blog updates for you all (and me) to enjoy…Thanks for stopping by and for bearing with me while I rambled…sometimes just getting it all out and on paper (even if it is virtual paper) starts the “feeling better” process…


Here’s to starting to go down the path of Feeling better and positivity…and more blog updates of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment