Friday, March 9, 2012

Strawberry Crush and Pizzeria Combos Make Breakfast...no?

TGIF!!! That means it is time to Link up with Leslie over at A Blonde Ambition for our weekly confessionals...

Where to begin...Let's hope your judging hats aren't too big today, but I will not lie to you, I deserve to be judged for most of the things I am about to list...full disclosure people...

1) Girl Scout cookies...I know you know EXACTLY where I am about to take this one, but I am going to go ahead and put it all out there for you...and maybe seeing it will be like therapy and help me...so...I bought 5 boxes of GS cookies...the usual suspects for our house...The Shortbread, the Tagalongs (for the Hubs), The Samoas (For the Hubs...and maybe some for me too...) and 2 boxes...yes 2, of the lemon ones...see last year, the Scouts switched up the lemon ones and put those silly powder covered things in there, you know, the ones that make your mouth dry when you eat em?  yep those, but this year, they switched back the the ones with the layer of lemon on the bottom of the LARGE circle shaped cookie...so I said to myself, "Self, you are going to need 2 to make up for the fact that you suffered through dry mouth syndrome last year trying to satisfy the lemon cookie hole in your muffin top tummy." I might have eaten an entire box...in one day...I have no idea what happened to them...they were there one minute and the next...gone...I am afraid to open the next box...what if I eat that one just as fast?  I will not  be able to turn down the little girls in from of Wal-Mart when they try to push their boxes o' Heaven on me when I go in for the weekly grocery trip...sigh...

2) I am super PROUD of Hubs for finishing his degree!  It might have took longer than he wanted it to, BUT he stuck to it and finished...this morning he told me he applied for a Mater's Degree Program...proud of him for that too...but...now I feel like I need to get off of my lazy arse and apply for one too...competitive yes...silly...depends on who you ask...I wanted to do it eventually any way...once I decided which program I wanted to complete...sigh...judge away people...(Side note: Hubs graduated with a 4.0-super proud!!!)

3) Last night I enrolled My Hannah in K4...PreK...4K...she will be 4 this summer...WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!  Seriously...it hit me when I was trying to go to sleep...my eyes shot open and I said to the Hubs, "Mister!  I had a baby not too long again, you might recall, and now, somehow, that baby is going to be in K4...HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!"  He just shook his head and told me to go to sleep...seriously people...how did this happen...where have I been all this time...oh right...work...(Side note...Hubs and I went to Hannah's Class Valentine's Day Party...Hubs and I helped set up the table and Hannah raised her hand (very polite, that Hannah) and when Ms. Rhonda called on her she said: "Ms. Rhonda, those are my friends: Mommy and Daddy.  (Then proceeded to call us by our first names...I am sorry, when did Hannah and I or Hannah and Hubs, for that matter, get on formal first name terms? Clearly I have missed a step) They Work."  Sigh...that is the second time she has made a reference to me working...and that is only me counting, Lord only knows how many other times she says it...mommy guilt complex times 3 people...)

4) Now that my Fiscal Fast is over...I REALLY want to buy some new shoes...and dresses...but due to confession No. 1...I am much to large to be tyring on clothes that I know will make me feel good about myself and the way I look in them, so I will likely be hitting up the shoe stores later...SO EXCITED (please don't tell the Hubs...he might kill me)

5) I may have had a Strawberry Crush and some pizzeria combos for breakfast...I am aware that I sound like a 12 year old...or a college student...

6) I CONVINCED the Hubs to go see a musical when we were in Savannah...I might have tricked him actually...the second I saw the advertisement for Spring Awakening, I KNEW I wanted to see it...I casually started mentioning it through the evening Friday...and then more on Saturday, and when it was (still...)  pouring down rain Saturday I said that we could go see the show because it was inside and we would be out of the rain and out of our hotel room...and he finally agreed...it was AWESOME...it might take another 10 years to get him to go to another one, but I will relish this experience for as long as I can!!!

please excuse the REALLY shiny forehead I am sporting...it RAINED ALL DAY Saturday...and I mean HARD STEADY Rain...and I didn't bother with any sort of make up or attempt to make my hair look nice...but this is us waiting in line to go in

This is an amazing musical!
7) I watched KONY 2012 video...

And I am asking that you watch it too...so grab a Strawberry (or any other flavor) Crush and take 30 mins of your life and watch it too...

8) I hit my snooze like 17 times this morning...not even an over exaggeration...might actually be an under estimation to be honest...you might recall that my alarm sounds like a rooster crowing...and the Hubs had to listen to the rooster crow too...17 (more or...) times...I did NOT want to get up...

9) WTF happened to winter?  Hey Groundhog, did you not promise me 6 more weeks of winter?  I am not even sure Charleston had 6 DAYS of winter...ugh...

What are your confessions?
Link up With Leslie and let it out-you will feel better!


2 comments:

  1. Found your blog through Leslie's link up and SO enjoyed reading it. You sound like a girl after my own heart with the Girl Scout cookies - my hubs and I bought two boxes and they lasted approx 1.7 days. Ha! I am attempting to give up shopping through Easter (even though I am not Catholic) and am finding it so hard - maybe I could bend the rules a little here and get away with some shoe shopping though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropping by from Confessinal Friday! You crack me up with the girl scout cookies! Aren't those things so gosh darn addictive. I bought 4 boxes or so to help out one of my co-worker's daughter, and then I quickly handed them off to my BF. If I keep them in my house, my scale might break! :)

    Absolutely love that you're using your blog voice to raise awareness about Kony. There is so much brokeness in Africa with all the trafficking, and it's cool you're doing something to help!

    Have a great weekend!
    - Meg

    [ Life of Meg ]
    www.megnificentlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete