Friday, January 25, 2013

Baby Daddy

Hello Loves! 
This is the 3rd post in our series-and the topic is: Describe Your Relationship With Your Spouse.  So sit back, relax, and try not to cringe as I disclose all of the mushy details about my relationship with your father...hahahaha.
Love your faces!

OK, where to begin...well...I guess the beginning-right-makes the most sense, no? 

How I met your father...so as I mentioned previously, I knew of your father well before I actually met him, and to be honest, what I knew about him was not appealing to me in the slightest bit.  You see, when I was a freshman in college, Daddy was dating this girl that I went to school with-I will not go into a lot of detail about that, but I did not hold her in the highest of esteems either.  I saw the two of them together and they did not appear to have a stable relationship...(which, worked out for us, obviously) and I was in a relationship with someone else so that might have a lot to do with the fact that I was less than impressed with what I saw/heard...

Fast foreword to sophomore year.  I had an amazing summer-which included breaking up with the aforementioned boyfriend (and Daddy also broke up with his aforementioned girl friend...) and that is the day we met.  He was helping my suite mate move in (her boyfriend was and still is Daddy's BFF), and he saw that I was moving in without any help so he offered to help me.  based on what I had seen/heard of this guy, you can understand why I was skeptical...but I ended up accepting his offer and gave him one of my suitcases to haul up the stairs for me...by the time I made it up to my room, the suitcase was there but he was gone.

He ended up asking me to go to the zoo with him a week later-and we have been (pretty much) a couple since that date, September 2, 2001.  Now something I failed to mention is that Daddy's step sister, your Aunt Jillian, also went to the same college I did (briefly).  I was walking to my room one day when she stopped me and said-so I heard you are dating my brother now (weird, right?) and I said-I guess...to which she said "I hope you don't expect it to last because he isn't that kind of guy."  I just responded by telling her that I had no expectations and that i just planned to take it day by day...and that kids, is exactly what we did-and have done since day one. 

Your father and I take things day by day-we live in the moment.  We love each other very much, and always make sure we are having fun no matter what we are doing.  I am not going to lie and tell you that there are not days where I would love to punch that man in the neck, because he does know how to get under my skin on my very last nerve like no one else can, but that is what happens when you love someone, you try to learn everything you can about them-and in doing so, you learn exactly what it takes to push that person's buttons.  (Obviously I don't do this to daddy...and if he says anything different he is clearly in denial...)

We make sure to tell each other we love each other every day-even on the days where we don't have the opportunity to see each other.  We make sure we laugh every day.  We are there to support each other no matter what the situation is.  We put our family first and ensure that the Lord is a part of our family in everything we do.  When we have to separate for any amount of time, we say the following phrase: "Loe you, miss you, carefee" to each other.  (Loe you is a direct result of one day I was typing and rather than Love, I spelled Loe...and it has stuck ever since...carefee was a result of a stuffy nose, and again, has stayed with us.) 

Your Dad is my Best Friend.  Hands Down.  When I have good news, he is the first person I want to tell.  When I have bad/sad news, he is the first person I want to talk to...when I feel like I am bored, I want it to be him that occupies my time...Our relationship if full of Love & Laughter.  I admire your father for he has done and has overcome throughout his life...we are a team.

“It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.”
― Friedrich Nietzche

"You don't marry the person you can live with-you marry the person you can't live without."

"And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy." Hosea 2:19







No comments:

Post a Comment