Monday, October 17, 2011

A Proud Mommy!

For any of you who might be friends of mine on Face book, you have more than likely seen the information that I am about to share, but I am still going to make a blog post about it anyway, because, as described in the Title of this post, I am a proud Mommy. 

Friday, I took the day off of work (and a much needed day off, if I might add) because we had a Parent-Teacher conference scheduled for Hannah...What?  Yes, Hannah is only 3, and yes, they are actually scheduled during the day time.  From what I understand, these things usually occur in the evening, but I would assume that is for "normal" school aged children, not those who are in pre-school.  None the less, Hannah's was scheduled for 9:30 on Friday morning, so it didn't make much sense for me to get up at O'Dark O'clock to get ready for work, only to leave about 1.5 hours later and then take the rest of the day off (because we were going out of town already) so I took the whole day off. 

So we also decided we would take Hannah to Dunkin Donuts before going to the conference-that girl LOVES a donut...but who doesn't right?  So we took her there and got her some munchkins and a chocolate milk and we made our way to her school.

We met with Ms. Rhonda (Hannah's lead teacher).  We went over the usual information-she showed us her "test scores" (you know, her ability to identify the letters of the alphabet and numbers 1-20, identify colors, shapes,motor skills, etc).  Ms. Rhonda advised us that Hannah is the most advanced student in her class and she is at least  6 months ahead of the other kids in her class.  I feel certain that I was beaming when she said that!  (I mean, seriously though, I already knew she was super smart, but it is always nice to receive confirmation from someone else--especially a teacher!)  Hannah speaks very well...VERY well-she uses complete sentences and is very clear with her verbal communication...she is a "Clear Leader" and "Very Creative."  (I feel about 70% certain that Clear Leader is teacher code for bossy...but I can't be sure...and to be honest, I wouldn't be a bit shocked if that is what she meant, because Hannah can be bossy especially when she forgets to use her manners and say please when demanding requesting participation of others.  We are working on that though, I swear-but she is 3 and is very independent...

I can't begin to tell you how happy I was to hear that update from her Teacher!  It really makes me feel like I am doing something right when it comes to raising a child-and not just any child-My child!  She melts my heart! 

After the conference, we went home, finished packing, dropped the Dogs off at the Bed & Biscuit, loaded up the car and started our trip to Columbia to see Nana and Granda (...or Hubs' dad and step mom).  We had plans to meet up with some old college friends of mine (wait...they aren't old...not even 30...what I meant was some friends from college that I haven't seen in a long time...does that clarify it?  In fact...I am older than 1 of them in age, and both of them if you consider I am married, own a home, have a child and 2 pets...by that description, it practically makes me their grandma!) but because Hubs worked Thursday night and didn't sleep at all Friday morning so he was not feeling up to going out so we didn't gt to see them-which was sad for me, but I don't blame him one bit. 

Saturday we watched the Carolina game and did some grilling.  (as a side note, I am not too confident in the rest of our season without Lattimore...we are IN TROUBLE) and then Saturday night we went to Boo at the Zoo.  Hannah had a BLAST trick or treating around the Zoo and seeing the animals and the Halloween decorations at night.  We left the Zoo and went to Yumilicious...which is an INCREDIBLE frozen yogurt place that you pay by the ounce, can mix and match your own yogurt flavors and toppings.  Then we headed back to Nana and Granda's house. 

Sunday, we headed back home-and were all pretty tired so when we got the car unpacked we all took a nap...and when I woke up the Patriots were playing, so you know I slept WAY too long...

All in all it was a great weekend-Though...I think Hannah's cough is getting worse and I am going to have to take her to the doctor because it just will NOT go away-she has gotten sick around Halloween every year so far...I don't like that trend...when she turned 1-she had the Swine flu-awful experience-you feel so useless as a parent when yo just can't do anything to make your baby feel better...

I leave you with these pictures from our trip to the Zoo-sorry for the quality-they were taken with our phones...
so excited about bringing her trick or treating pumpkin

Feeding the Goats...I swear that goat has almost figured out how to open the gate...

we have some pretty scary eyes...

A baby tiger!  She roared at us the whole time she wore the mask!

Even the biggest Gamecock fan can't resist the cuteness of this little Tiger!

She litterally just started dancing in the middle of Yumilicious-and it was super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment