Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Members Only

So, as some of you know, Hubs and I have been looking for a church to call home...again, I try to refrain from being super religious in the blog, in an effort to make everyone feel comfortable to stop by and visit, so I don't blog about church or religion much...

When it comes to religion, my family pretty much comprises the entire spectrum- We have Catholics, Methodists, Baptists, Mormons, Atheists and Jewish family members...I am sure there are many more that I just don't know about...Hubs was raised Methodist...As a child, I recall mom taking us to church a few times...but one of us kids always got in trouble for not being a good listener or putting our feet up on the pews in front of us (no names, as to who the offender of this action was, but I know for sure, it wasn't me....or Nick...) When I was in middle school, I attended church with my friend Kim and her family.  When I was in High school, I attended a Methodist church with my Friend Alana and her family. While I was in college, I attended chapel on campus...and since graduating have tried out a few different churches...I am sure this story is not too different for some of you..

I have made it my mission to find a place for My little family to call home because it is important to me...and I want my family to want to go to church...and having a church home helps to create that sense of wanting to go...So-Hubs and I have been "auditioning" churches for a while...attending the services and talking to members to get a feel for the atmosphere...and we have been attending Northwood Assembly for a few months now...and as few weeks ago, attended the New Member class and went through the membership process, and when we got to church this Sunday, one of the inserts in the bulletin announced that Hubs and I were new members of the church!!! 

Mission Completion (Thank you Little Einsteins)-We are now members of a Church and have a Church to call home... It feels great to have this important piece of the crazy puzzle of life finally put in its place... :)

I hope you have a place to call home that allows you to serve and practice your beliefs-whatever they may be-that makes you feel welcomed....
If not, feel free to join us at Northwood Assembly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment